Thursday, February 22, 2007

First...Entry...EVER.


Long time lurker, first time blogger.


Too true. Call me timid, call me self-conscious, call me a creepy Internet loiterer - but for whatever reason, this is the very first time I'm actually contributing an entry to any sort of blog or online forum or chat room whatchamacallit. Really. Scout's honour. Never have I felt the need to publicly comment, query or criticize any topic I've come across in the past on these glorious Internets, much less have the urge to start up a whatchamacallit of my own (gasp!)

But - TODAY, THIS ALL CHANGES. (How liberating typing that statement felt!)

And while I'm far from being a newbie to the online community, I slouch here before you, a self-professed virgin to the two-way street of it all. So be gentle with this first timer! Or not.

But what better foray into my WWW interactive experience than a celebration of the oh-so-fun, indulgent world of consumerist want! With this blog, I present all of us with a guiltless opportunity to share with one another the goods and services we get most giddy about. Be it what you have bought for yourself or for others, please share with us, won't you?

Henceforth, this will be our community blog. Kind of like our own secret society I suppose. Like the Freemasons. Or the Stonecutters. But without the animal sacrifices. So have at it, good people! With reckless abandon, share up those stories about your materialistic bliss!

No comments: